Assignment 2: Discussion—McDonald’s Global Strategy
Generally speaking, many companies are interested in the potential cost savings of using the same product and promotional mix on a global basis. It is easier to control the program and less time is required in developing the marketing plan. However, as you have learned, each country has a different culture, and a successful marketing strategy must connect with the local population.
McDonald’s is one of the most successful American companies in the global market since it has skillfully adapted its international marketing strategy, and its menu to meet local tastes and preferences thus allowing it to prosper in almost every local environment. You may be surprised to know that McDonald’s now earns a majority of its revenues overseas.
Use your module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet to research McDonald’s global marketing strategy. Then, respond to the following:
- How do local laws, local taste preferences, and local culture impact McDonald’s global strategy?
- How does McDonald’s develop long-term relationships in a foreign country through its vendor sourcing strategy and marketing campaigns? Can McDonald’s improve this process? If so, how? If not, explain why.
- Have your thoughts on global standardization changed? Please explain why.
By Sunday, February 12, 2017, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, February 15, 2017, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses .
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.