Identify conceptual variables that may be of interest to you. A few examples are anxiety, conformity, and leadership.
- Create your own 5- to 10-item Likert scale to assess a conceptual variable of interest to you.
- Administer the scale to at least three friends or family members. You may administer it in person or via e-mail.
- Prepare to upload the Likert scale you created as an attached document (in .doc or .rtf format) to your Discussion post.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3:
- The conceptual variable you selected. Note: Include the conceptual variable in the “Subject”field of your post (e.g., Job Satisfaction).
- In the main body of your post:
- Discuss your experience writing and administering the scale.
- Explain how your scale turned your conceptual variable into a measured variable (beyond creating a Likert scale).
- Explain the strengths and limitations concerning the reliability and validity of your scale.
- Upload the Likert scale you created as an attached document (either a .doc or .rtf file).